Thursday, October 26, 2006

Its THURSDAY!

...and thank god! I have had such a homework filled week! I am glad its over! Not having class on Friday is such a relief! This week was mid-term reviews...I don't have test, cause its art school, but I had portfolio and sketch book reviews...And had a ton of projects and papers due at the same time! But its all done now...Just have one project to finish by wednesday. And I am staying ahead of the game from now on! I am going to start the assignments when they are assigned and not wait until 1 or 2 nights before they are due to start them..like I have been...its too stressful!

Sadly, my biological Grandpa committed suicide yesterday. I have never met him. I call the man that raised my dad "Grandpa." But he is still part of the family and its always hard to loose anybody. My dad is headed to California for the funeral on Friday, with his sisters. But to get a plane ticket on such short notice was expensive. About $600...plus a hotel room, and rental car...so I have to give him a ride to the airport from my apartment in the morning. That way he doesn't have to pay $60 a night to park there...and its about 13 mins from my place so its not bad. The whole situation gets my thinkink...I just don't understand suicide. There are so many more options and you hurt so many people. But it is a desicion that the person makes, whether it is the best or not it up to them to determine. Frankly I just cannot understand why or how any one could do it. I know people that have had to suffer loosing someone close to them due to suicide. Its not an easy thing to deal with...It just makes me think.................

Tonight Beth J is coming over. She hasn't seen my apartment. So she is going to grap Chilpotle after work...then we are going to check out some scrappin' store around the area. I have no money to spend, but I love to see what other stores are carrying and how they are merchandising their product...and get and idea of what is going well for them...and its always fun to see samples and etc. that they are making with the wonderful products that are on the market.

Saturday my mom and my sister are coming down to take the Antique Window class at my work. Its way cool! You take old (or new and make them look old) windows and do layouts for behind the panes and then put it all together and decorate the front of them...they look so stinkin' cool when they are all done...and then you hang it on your wall! It awesome...check out the Scrapbook Shop's website (that I am working on updating...link on the side bar)...On the classes there is a pic of one done by Rhonda Gowan, the designer of the class...its call "Window Pane of Memories"...

Then Saturday night it the Johnnies Tommies game...St.Thomas is a college by my apartment that my friend Emily goes to...and St. Johns is their rival school...and my friend Ashley and Clare go to St. Bens...which is the girls "sister school" to St. John's....(they are pretty much the same school...one for boys and one for girls)...but the football teams are playing at the St.Thomas Campus...so Ashley and Clare and coming down and we are all going to hang out...Then Abby is having a Halloween party!! So everyone is coming home for that! I get to see all my close friends from highschool that I havn't seen since homecoming! Like BETHANY! I miss her so much! We are like best buds!!....no...we are not "like" best buds...we ARE best buds! And I work on Sunday...so where does that staying on top of homework fit in there?.....that right...no where! I guess I will have to figure out where to sit down and work one it....Friday during the day should work...now I am just thinking out loud!

Anyways...I am still in love with Candy Corn, M&Ms, and peanuts! Its the best combo ever!

That be it! My life as far as the weekend is concerned...
Keep it real!
Peace out girl scout....

2 comments:

beth said...

just like you i am so glad it is thursday...love no work on fridays. so glad we made it to all of the stores tonight...had lots of fun! have fun on saturday night...

Tina said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa, your dad and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers!
Sounds like you had a busy weekend!! I also miss seeing you update! You know you are on my list of blogs to stalk!!