Thursday, September 07, 2006

School repot...

So I had my first day of college on Wednesday. Sort of boring! I didn't start until noon, which was nice! But I had art history first...I think that class with be interesting, but sort of boring at the same time. I would rather be creating than listening to lecuture, but it has to be done. The prof. is cool. He is a younger guy that teaches full time at Macalestar College (that's where the people that didn't get into Harvard or Yale go! After that I had English....and man that was boring! I had to write a paper the first day! But I like writing so it wasn't that bad. But that class was defenitly the most boring so far! Then I go to Orientation to Art and Design. That was my favorite class of my first day. The prof. is a practicing photographer...total bonus!! And she's fun! We actually get to create in that class! WHOO! I have a project to do already...I have to create a zine...so pretty much just a small collage book that is photocopied over and over....it will be awesome to do!

I had my first day at the Scrapbook Shop last night too! That was so much fun! I love that store and the owner, Rhonda is so awesome. I feel like I have known her for years! And she had killer plans for me! I am doing all the sinage. I love doing that!! And she is havin' me do the newsletter. and she is having her webprogrammer come train me on how to do the web site so I will be updating and keeping that up! I love that sorta stuff!! Oh, and she had cool connections! She has someone that is able to print paper. My dream is to have my own product some day....and she said that I could use her printer and design my own paper! How rad is that?! And on friday she is having the team from Daisy D's in to do a make and take and fun stuff like that and I get to work! So I am totally stoked for that! So if you are in the Twins Cities area on Friday around 6pm...stop out and meet them....and me :)

Today I had another day of college...that is nuts! I am in college! I was up bright and early for class at 8:30 am...that's not horrible, but I stayed up way to late last night! Anyho...my first class was Drawing...and I love my prof. in that class too! She is a full time teacher at MACD. and she's totally fun too! And we got to draw today! It was sweet! Then I had my next class...Digital! I am going to LOVE this classes! It's like playing in Photoshop and Illistrator all the time! That's all I had today. Just two 3 hour classes...they seemed kinda long today, but once we start to create its going to fly by!

And NO CLASS ON FRIDAYS!! No first year foundations students (yes, all 55 of us! Really small school, its awesome) don't have class on Fridays!! So you know what that means...Thirsty Thursday!! no....JK....or am I? One will never know.......or will you?!

Well that's my last two days in a nut shell....I am liking college so far...just a little homework and reading...not bad, but just wait and see! :)

Peace out girl scout!
Mitch :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok... totally going to live through you and your college experience. =) Thanks for the report! I ADORED ancient art history. (not modern) Sounds like you're going to be learning WAAAY too much!

ALright- so let me know when we need to set some fisk-a-teer action up at your store! =)

May

Tina said...

I love hearing about your days! How fun! Wow about the Store! I am so happy for you to find a place to work that isn't gonna feel like the drugery of "work"!
No Class on Fridays! That is so rockin too! Now, inquiring minds want to know if you Are or Are not kidding about Thursty Thursdays!! LOL!!

Suzanna said...

Wow, you've been busy!!!! Sounds like you are having a blast Mitch! Awesome!

Linda said...

Sounds like you having tons of fun at school and sounds like a great job! You are gonna be way busy my friend!

Tina said...

Where the heck are you !! I am missing you!