Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bitter Sweet...

Today was my last day at Scrapbook Companions....it is sad...and I don't want to leave, but I had to make the right decision for me at the moment. Its bitter sweet. There is new thing for me in the future....like COLLEGE! I start school on Wed....that is unreal to me. I am not mature enought to be in college! And I havn't started to buy my supplies! You need a ton of crap for art school.....man!

I have been surfin' the web and found a really cool photo blog tutorial kinda thing...by Andie Smith. She knows just how to describe things that is like....man...that is so much easier than I have ever thought it was...check it out....http://andie-phototips.blogspot.com I especially like the three classes on exposure.

I submitted two pages to two different mags. I really hope they get picked up...I want to be pub. so badly....But one was a genral sub and the other was to CK's fresh face....so who knows. I have only submitted to a mag one other time. And nothing. So I hope I get atleast one.

I have no plans for Labor Day...just bummin' around. I am ganna scrapbook like mad! I need to create! I just have to do something!! I really want to go on a photo shoot too! I sorta had one the other day with Lizzy's lil bro and sis....but I want to play more...I need to learn how to better use my camera! I have such a high price camera....and I shoot in auto all the time...I need to put it in manual and learn how to function! I wish I could just plug my brain in and learn everything....But it doesn't work like that....Oh, well....Life goes on. Some day....I will be know what I am doing....hopefully.

5 comments:

ScrappyGuy said...

Hey Mitch, good to see you blogging, man! Do you know how I took the step from auto to manual? I took a shot in auto and then studied the details that the camera puts out. It tells you the f stop it used and the exposure as well. I just adjusted my camera to those settings and snapped away! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

hey there! So exciting that you're starting college. That's a whole new adventure. (I loved my time in school!) I'm sure you'll have a BLAST... even when working so hard!

As for cameras... egads. I'm the biggest point and shoot girl. Even though I could do manual, I can't get my head around it! LOL. Just lazy, I think.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Good luck.
I hope you pages get picked up.
You have great style.

marygrace said...

You are awesome. I think you are awesome. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Mitchell! Sarah here from the COttage... Just wanted to say good luck on the pages... you are very talented!